Alcohol or Drug Related Legal Problem?
If you currently have a legal problem related to drugs or alcohol RedChair may be able to help. Drink drive, drug drive, public order offences, drunk and disorderly, drunken violence, drug possession?
The legal system often deals with the effects of addiction, without identifying the underlying cause. In turn, repeat offending or consequences can result in punitive action where treatment would have been more appropriate. Other symptoms of an underlying addiction can be, domestic violence, drink-driving, employment issues, debt, fraud and theft.
A person might be addicted to: alcohol, illegal and prescribed drugs, gambling, sex, spending (the list goes on). Your clients may benefit from genuine efforts to identify and deal with the underlying problem. Often a legal problem is the first real opportunity for them to admit there is a problem. With skilled assessment and treatment it is a good opportunity for your client, and those who have to pass sentence, when an individual is proactive in facing up to their problems.
Assessment and Report
RedChair specialist staff can be contracted to assess a client for the underlying addiction and mental health status. This information will often support a client taking treatment, thus supporting the courts in providing more appropriate sentencing. Reducing the risk of an ongoing problem is a legal, social and humane method for those with addiction issues and mental health issues. We will attend court on the day and often support the client whilst undergoing pre-sentencing reports
Training For Legal Professionals
RedChair provide a training session aimed at assisting professionals in preliminary identification of symptoms that indicate underlying issues. Give your staff the edge when it comes to identification of an underlying addiction. This can help them represent the clients best interests and thereby support increasingly better outcomes.
Who Should Use This Service
Help yourself by pre-empting the court. Take full ownership of your use of alcohol. Be prepared on the day.
- You are pleading guilty to a drink drive offence!
- What will the sentence be?
- Will it be adjourned?
- Will I go to prison?
- How will probation see me, and what will they put to the court?
How To Help Yourself
- Call RedChair today and ask for an assessment and report for court.
- Agree a meaningful way of dealing with the real problem, the alcohol use.
- Attend court well prepared with evidence of having dealt with your alcohol use
What We Do For You
- We will visit with you and assess your use of alcohol.
- We will work with you on a bespoke plan to address your use of alcohol.
- We will provide you with the support and direction in order that you can show genuine efforts to address your use of alcohol.
- We provide a report for court which will be used by your legal representative, probation and the bench when it comes to sentencing you.
- We will attend court with you, supporting your case.